Monday, April 28, 2008

Remembering the days of yesterday. Motivation for today.

Going into game 5 at Houston, I can't stop thinking about Game 6 of the 1997 Western Conference Finals against Houston. This day will go down as one of the best days of my life. I remember it like it was yesterday.... The weather was warm, playoff fever was in the air, and I was watching the game with my family. (I was 14 or 15 at the time)

When the ball left Stockton's hands, we all knew it was going to be nothing but net. After the game we drove out to the airport and celebrated with thousands of other Jazz fans as our team had brought something to Salt Lake City that we had never tasted before. I actually remember a couple players crying, including Greg Foster and Chris Morris, as they drove away in their cars.

So while you are watching the final two minutes of this video, take the time to remember how good that felt and only hope that we get the opportunity to feel that again.